Chances are you have lived in your current home for a few years, maybe longer. In that case the odds are that it is no longer “perfect.” Hey! We understand! You love your home and your neighborhood. However when you are getting ready to sell you must keep in mind that you and your family have LIVED in your home and now the challenge is trying to look at your home as if YOU were buying it.
Before listing your home:
10. Clean, clean clean! Make like you’re trying to impress. Whether you choose to scrub every nook and cranny or hire professionals. This alone can speed the selling process and price.
9. Don’t forget to consider curb appeal. Maybe it is just a new paint on the front door; buying a new “Welcome mat” and tidying up the landscaping a bit. These small changes can make a truly different first impression.
8. Touching up! If your walls have seen a year or two of “love” from the kids, pets or guests it might be time to throw on some new paint. Maybe not, maybe all you need are touch ups on the corners, checking for small nicks and dents, be sure to attend to these. Many won’t notice the repairs unless they’re left undone.
7. Small fixes: It could be a loose door knobs or cabinet. We know these probably fell off the “honey-do-list”. We’re all busy, but we should be sure they don’t fall off in the hands of those looking at your home.
6. Simplify, simplify, simplify! Think decorations and artwork, you don’t have to completely change your decor. Just remember personal tastes differ, so in the case, the simpler the better.
5. Light and more light. Start by washing the windows and them let the sunshine in.
4. De-clutter the closets. Yes, closets are often where “all the stuff goes”. Your prospective buyers want to see how big your closets are (so they can imaging how well it will hide THEIR belongings).
3. Update lighting fixtures. A simple change in updated lighting can make all the difference in the look and feel of the room.
2. Edge and trim the back yard. Once those who are “looking” have made it through the home, their next stop is often the backyard. Make it inviting and neat.
1. Call a Real Estate professional! Home owners who wisely contact a reliable real estate professional in their area receive the benefit of their experience and home traditionally sell for significantly more. So reach out to your local real estate agent in Duluth, MN, today!